The Retina Society Fellowship Research Award and The Raymond R. Margherio Award
Abstract Deadline: May 15, 2022 (Midnight PST)
Manuscript, CV, sponsor letter deadline: June 13, 2022 (Midnight PST)
Download the Fellowship Award Instructions (PDF)
Click ABSTRACTS to begin.
Current Clinical Fellows of active members of the Retina Society, including those graduating in June 2022, may submit an abstract and manuscript to be considered for either The Retina Society Fellowship Research Award or The Raymond R. Margherio Award for the 2022 Annual Meeting, November 2-5.
The Fellowship Awards are given to one or more Clinical Fellows for outstanding original work in any aspect of vitreoretinal disease including in the clinical, translational, or basic sciences. The research project should represent work conducted during their current clinical vitreoretinal fellowship.
In addition to an abstract that must be submitted by the May 15, 2022 deadline, applications require a completed manuscript (formatted for journal submission), CV, and sponsor letter from Retina Society sponsor member (uploaded no later than June 13, 2022, Midnight PST). Member sponsor will receive an email to submit letter when their name is selected.
All submissions will be evaluated by the Awards Committee for both prizes and whose decision will be final.
- Applicant must be a clinical fellow of an active member
- Applicant must be the presenting/senior author on the abstract
- Sponsoring Society member must be in attendance at the meeting
- Original research work to have been completed during the current clinical VR fellowship
- Applicant is responsible for obtaining the sponsoring Society member’s letter of support
- All abstracts must be submitted through the on-line abstract submission system no later than May 15, 2022 (Midnight PST)
- The manuscript in a style suitable for subsequent submission for publication, CV, and sponsor support letter must be uploaded to the site no later than June 13, 2022 (Midnight PST)
- Sponsor support letter must be uploaded no later than June 13, 2022 (Midnight PST)
- All required documents must be PDFs
Contact Judith Cerone Keenan at (617) 227-8767 or Judy@Retinasociety.org