Abstract Submissions open
Step 1: Submit Your Financial Disclosure
You must complete the Financial Disclosure Form as required for CME accreditation. Co-authors will be sent an email to complete the disclosure form. No presentation will be considered unless first author financial disclosure form is submitted.
Step 2: Submit your Abstract
Members may submit only one Abstract either as a primary presenter OR as a co-author sponsor of a non-member.
- The deadline for abstract submission is midnight (PST) May 15, 2022. No abstract submitted after that deadline will be considered.
- Members may submit only one abstract either as a primary presenter OR as a co-author sponsor of a non-member.
- Members may also sponsor an abstract by one currently active retina fellow. In unusual cases, and with the permission of the Program Committee (contact Judy@Retinasociety.org) a member may sponsor the presentation by a resident or medical student. When a sponsor, the member should be listed as a co-author when appropriate.
- If a member is sponsoring a non-member or fellow/physician-in-training, the member must attend the meeting.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the first author to present if selected. Substitute presenters are not permissible. If the listed presenting author cannot attend the meeting, the paper or poster will be removed from the program.
- Submission of an abstract means the primary presenting author has complete autonomy and total control of all content being presented.
- The decision of the program committee regarding presentation type (Podium or Poster) is final.
- If your abstract is accepted for a podium presentation, your slides/video may need to be reviewed by our CME provider. You will be notified should that be the case, and if required, you will receive instructions at a later date.
- You must complete the Financial Disclosure Form as required for CME accreditation. The presenting author information will be gathered before the presenting author is able to submit his/her abstract. Co-authors (the presenting author will list them at the time of submission) will be sent an email to complete the disclosure form. No paper will be considered unless presenting author has completed the financial disclosure.
- Corporate sponsorship, conflict of interest and authorship: The Retina Society requires the presenting author take full and complete responsibility for all content to be presented at the meeting. The financial disclosure form of the presenting author will be reviewed by the CME provider. If a presenting author has an irreconcilable conflict of interest (employment or ownership of an ineligible company relevant to the presentation) no CME credit will be allowed for that presentation. The Retina Society recommends that authorship of scientific papers be based on the criteria of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) as described on the financial disclosure form. All individuals who are considered authors by these criteria must be listed, and there can be no ghost authors. Please review the RS guidelines on presentation of industry sponsored research here.
- Fellowship Research Award and the Margherio Award: All abstracts submitted from clinical fellows will be considered for awards unless the candidate requests not to be considered by selecting NO on the abstract submission form. Neither prior award recipients nor research fellows/residents/medical students are eligible. Please see important information about the Fellowship Award.
- Please do not use abbreviations (AMD, DR, OCT, etc) especially in the title. Please spell out at least the first time with abbreviations in parentheses: Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD).
Contact Judy Cerone Keenan: Judy@Retinasociety.org